Friday, November 3, 2017

20A Growing your Social Capital

1.     Manager of Civilization: Located near downtown Gainesville and provides vegetarian and vegan options.
2.     Domain Expert: They have a very similar type of restaurant with a variety of vegan options for reasonable prices.
3.     I contacted the manager of Civilization by visiting the restaurant and presented them my idea napkin for feedback.
4.     After I ordered food from Civilization, the manager informed me on how to start my own restaurant with vegan options and sources to find fresh food.
5.     Including this manager in my network will help me because I will know someone who owns a similar business to the one that I plan on opening.
1.     Owner of Designer Greens: Runs a successful healthy restaurant near UF campus.
2.     Market Expert: They serve various types of salads and vegan friendly options. 
3.     I visited Designer Greens and talked to the manager.
4.     The manager told me advertising techniques and the importance of hiring a friendly staff.
5.     Including this person in my network will benefit my business by having a contact in a similar business that can help me work on promotion.
1.     Manager of Fresh Market: infamous healthy supermarket.
2.     Supplier: Fresh Market supplies many homes and businesses with healthy foods in the Gainesville area.
3.     I called the manager and talked to the manager over the phone.
4.     The manager gave me many tips on how to buy supplies in bulk from the Fresh Market.
5.     Including this person in my network will help me because I could use his store to buy my supplies.

 This experience helped me to expand my network and reach out to new contacts that will help me hone my business into a successful business. Not only has this experience helped me to jump out of my comfort zone to meet new contacts, but this experience has also shaped my techniques for reaching out to people in the future for their expertise.

No comments:

Post a Comment