Friday, December 1, 2017

27A Reading Reflection No. 3

The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users, Guy Kawasaki

What was the general theme or argument of the book?
Guy Kawasaki discusses the importance of social media and useful tips to hone your social media strategy. He utilizes humor to portray his social media advice. His breakdown of social media for businesses and people offer readers key takeaways to use in their own lives and businesses.
How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
This book enhances the importance of social media presence and marketing your venture correctly. Social media can positively impact your business venture and expand your customer base. I plan on implementing tips from this book into the social media strategy for my restaurant.
If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
I would design an exercise where my students would create their own social media platform whether it is a Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram page to market their own business venture.
What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
I did not realize pinning posts to Pinterest had such a positive impact on social media blogs. I was quite surprised to learn this and I intend to use Pinterest to share my blogs and acquire more followers in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment