I recently
failed this past semester in my finance class. Math classes have always proved
particularly challenging for me. I purchased the Study Edge and watched all the
chapter reviews. However, I still could not get a good grade on the exams. After
the first exam, I found a tutor to private tutor me and go over the practice
problems with me. The extra practice and tutoring seemed to work until I saw my
grade on Canvas.
I learned
from this failure that it is extremely important to manage your time properly
to study for challenging classes. I now know I need to seek extra help earlier
in math classes to avoid failure.
Failure
is definitely hard because failure causes emotional distress and self-loathing.
You begin to think you will not succeed if you do not get an A in all your
classes. I am an extremely competitive person, so I get distraught whenever I
fail anything. This class has changed my perspective on failure by forcing me
to take risks to achieve my goals. I would have never created my own business
concept or made useful connections in the Gainesville area before I took this
class because I was always afraid of failing before. However, this class
instilled confidence in me to take risks despite the chance of failure. Entrepreneurship
taught me that it is okay to fail because I can learn from my failures and
improve myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment