Friday, September 1, 2017

3A-Your Entrepreneurship Story

I first became exposed to Entrepreneurship when I decided to plan, organize, and fund my own project for the Girl Scout Gold Award. I presented the details of my plan to the Girl Scout Council. The Girl Scout Council approved my community service project outline that included details of time management, funding, and project goals. I reached out to a local school in my community called “Early Beginnings,” which is a government-funded school for children from ages 0-8 with cerebral palsy and autism to ask what I could do to give back to their school that had such a major impact on me. The director of Early Beginnings, Melissa Jablonski, told me that the children loved seeing pictures of themselves on the wall; therefore, I proposed to create a “Learning Board,” a Post-It Bulletin Board located on the front wall of the school to show pictures of the children’s progress in school. Not only did I completely raise the funds on my own accord through fundraisers such as garage sales and donor letters to family and friends for the tools I needed to complete the project, but I also posted the “Learning Board” with pictures in the main hallway of the school. Generous donations from family and friends also enabled me to donate a digital camera and printer that allows students to take home pictures of their progress in school. Moreover, I sustained the impact of my project by publishing a website to display my project and motivate other people to make a small difference in their community.



I enrolled in Entrepreneurship 3003 to gain a better understanding of the tools I need to start my own business. Principles of Entrepreneurship can help show me exactly what I should do to operate a successful business. I hope Entrepreneurship will give me the building blocks to start my own business and help me avoid common beginner’s mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment